Monday, April 16, 2007

pommes frites.

One of my top guilty pleasures of all time are fries. The delicious, crisp, greesy, and starchy goodness always tickles my tongue in the most delectable of ways. Add some sauces to the mix and you've got quite a fulfilling, artery-clogging snack.

One of the better and relatively inexpensive Belgium fry places I've been to is Pommes Frites. Now, I've only been there once, to save my health and heart, and it was quite a while ago. But, if things haven't changed in the past year, this is a perfect place to indulge in a late night food rampage or after a drunken adventure on Saint Marks. The fries are fried to perfection, with a balance of a solid crunch and a meaty potato wedge (I like my fries thick). And, the best part is, the wide variety of sauces they offer! Ketchup, mustard, onion, tabasco, malt vinegar, and jalapeno are free. The ones I tried were: Curry Ketchup, Sweet Mango Chutney Mayo, and I think the Especial and the Vietnamese Pineapple Mayo. I wasn't too fond of the curry ketchup because the texture was like tomato paste, but the others were really good.

Overall, a fun hole-in-the-wall place with great fries and sauces. Definitely worth a try!

No comments: