Tuesday, April 10, 2007

park avenue cafe

In another of my birthday dinners, I went with Chris, Kim, and Elaine to Park Avenue Cafe to catch the pay-your-age special. Basically, you get a three course meal with the freedom to choose any item on the menu for the price of your age (but you pay $25 if you're under 25 and $65 for those over 65). It basically started as a marketing scheme to attract a younger crowd to the restaurant.

With regards to the food, it had some pretty solid selections, though I wasn't too fond of the ones I chose. Pictured above is I believe a Filet Mignon of Beef paired with a Veal Shank - regardless, it was very decadent and cooked very nicely; the meat was moist and juicy. I had the Salmon, which was filled with chives and a salty sauce, but didn't wow me at all. From the choices of the table, I'd have to say they prepare their meat dishes better than their fish. But the star of the night was definitely dessert. Presentation was unique and polished, and taste was out of this world. I highly recommend The Chocolate Cube. It is like candy for your eyes and your mouth. Deeeericious.

I'd say it's worth the trip if you're into gourmet dessert or want a fine dining experience that isn't too rough on the wallet. Menus change seasonally so there's always a reason to go back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.