Wednesday, April 11, 2007

mmm, spice-ay.

After another delicious meal in K-Town this past weekend with the boys, I was thinking, korean food is one of my top favorite cuisines (probably a close tie with Taiwanese night market food - drool). The spicy goodness with the delicate balance of a very light, not-too-oily body is the perfect combination of making Kathy oh-so-happy.

I loveeee the pan chan (side dishes) - tasty snacks to enjoy before and during the meal. Horicha (barley tea) is sooo refreshing. I used to go over my friends' houses just for tea. As for BBQ, bulgogi is my preferred meat, with a nice play of sweet and savory. Being an avid fan of spicy foods, korean food is definitely up my alley.

As for the restaurants in K-Town, I can't really place my finger on an absolute favorite. Every time I've gone to Shila (where the soon dubu pictured above and the bulgogi on the left is from), it's always been a really solid meal. Wonjo is a favorite of some of my friends, most likely because it is one of the cheaper options on the block (though I was never really fond of it). Kum Gan San is probably the most well known chain and has the coolest decor. Woorijip is one of the best pit stops for a cheap and quick meal (that's open late too!). To be honest, to me, most of the restaurants kind of mesh together and it's hard for me to differentiate between them. Any one else have a favorite?

Ah, this is making me so hungry.

No comments: