Friday, March 23, 2007

Stand Up!

I had a life changing revelation today. I am going to embark on a grand quest for -drumroll- the perfect burger.

Today, Matt and I finally went to Stand, a new burger joint on 12th Street between University and 5th Ave. I haven't had many "gourmet" or specialty burgers in my day - I usually hit up diner burgers - but this was a delicious popping my gourmet burger cherry first time kind of burger (try to say that three times fast). The meat was moist and juicy; the fat oozing from each bite managed to dribble down my hands or spatter onto the plate (great image, I know). The sauces were homemade and complemented the burger well. They even have Japanese mayo (ooooo). Fries weren't anything unique but at least well made. Overall, a pretty tasty experience.

With Shake Shack opened again for the season, I think the next few weeks will be filled with many more adventures.

No comments: